Friday, February 7, 2014

Staying Committed


My husband aka Mr. Rico and I had been working out together as a couple for the past 7 years. And in that time we learned to motivate, encourage and even push one another. Working out with my husband has reaped great gains. Not only are we working on our health and fitness for the purpose of a longer life and quality of life together but through our challenges in improving one’s self we have experience great joy and appreciation for one another.

As we were driving home from our third CrossFit On-Ramp session (were beginners learn basic skills and techniques over 9 sessions to successfully transition into CrossFit) I began reflecting on one of our past goals. Last year Mr. Rico and I were intently watching the CrossFit Games wishing that someday that could be us competing. Then and there we had vowed to one another to try CrossFit in the New Year. We planned to try a few different “Boxes”; which is what CrossFit calls their gyms, before signing on the dotted line. And that we did, we tried a few and found CrossFit Bay Area. Dr. Thea Taylor, owner of CrossFit Bay Area impressed us with her lecture on nutrition and emphasis on technique. We found her to have a good solid, educated foundation in overall wellness. It is refreshing to be surrounded by likeminded people.

Training days have become date nights for us. Our marriage is stronger because of it. I have had to learn to trust my husband in ways I may not have known had it not been for our training together. The pleasure of working out as a couple is not my new discovery. There are at least 5 couples in our box. It is my personal opinion that couples like these will help make for a stronger more united community.

I encourage you to grab your partner and workout together after all a relationship is something we must continually work on in order for it to remain healthy and strong.

 
Here I am in front of the WOD “Workout of the Day” board.

 
Here is Mr. Rico practicing the proper technique of a Push Press.

1 comment:

  1. Looking Hot Mama! I love exercising with you because it enhances and enriches our relationship. Your an excellent trainer and God will put wind behind your blog. Love Louis

    ReplyDelete