Sunday, January 8, 2012

Taking the Characters Out of the Sketch Book for the First Time

As a new member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) I have gotten plugged in with many helpful individuals in the field. Being a part of this group has shown me that becoming an illustrator and writer is an attainable goal. I had casually toyed with the idea of someday becoming a writer of children’s books but for years abandoned that dream while working on other endeavors.



Recently I have visited a few of the blogs posted by other members of the SCBWI and enjoyed reading of their triumphs and the journey they took toward accomplishing their goals. I enjoyed it so much so that I have decided to follow in their footsteps and post some of my works in progress. As a newbie in the field I have the “first time” hesitations of posting my work as I feel that I have a lot to learn. This is not to say that I am afraid of critiques. On the contrary I welcome them. Even though I am new to the field I am not new to feedback when it comes to my art. That being said here is a look at my characters for my first book; It was a warm summer night. Without further ado I give you Jose, Pablo, Rosita and Alberto.





By the way this is the first of the 12 books I hope to draft this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment